Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seoul Survivin' Mind Today

So what's on the mind of the original "Seoul Survivor" you may ask? Many things, and nothing. Today was an interesting day, as all of mine have been so far in the "Land of the Morning Calm," an ironic name that gets me every morning as I hear cars squeek and crash, and my annoying Landlord sweep by my window. Not so calm, but I love it.

So I have been feeling my true independence lately. It is one of those feelings that is undescribable, and very fulfilling. It is one that I must trade for my desire to be with my family and friends in America. I guess we can't have the world as we would like to, so sacrifice must be strategically called upon for one's happiness. I must say that I am truly happy here. I have lived my previous life in America very close to my family and friends: and very close to an incompetent lifestyle of not being on my own, and not truly experiencing life. Unfortunately, the two could not mend together, and I had to pick a very challenging crossroads. The road less traveled if you will. Break the cycle. Break the complacency. Break the one way road I was on for another that would lead me ultimately to a greener field. It's not easy. I miss the family I have that I would not trade for the world. I miss my friends. I miss my dog. I miss the comfort of my whole reality in New York. But I knew from the beginning, this break is the break that needed to come to pass. I am living on my own and truly becoming stronger and the independence is something I've strove for for so long. I have a job, I have medical benefits, I am dating several Asian girls, and I am truly free. It is a beautiful moment in my life. One I hope to never reminisce about and feel like this was the best moment. I want to take this moment and build many moments on top of this one. I am free to do whatever I want. That, is a beautiful, spiritual, and independent stream of conciousness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE IN A NEW WORLD AND ENJOYING YOUR INDEPENDENCY...BRY AND I HAD LUNCH AT THE BOY AND I AGREED TO MAIL YOUR CD'S AND DVD(DONE) SO LOOK IN YOUR SNAIL MAIL ABOUT A WEEK LET US KNOW WHEN YOU GET IT....DAN CAME OVER FOR HIS TRUE BLOOD WHEN I GOT BACK FROM THE PO. WE HAD A FEW... AND TALKED ABOUT THE GOOD TIMES ON 383 AND HOW THIS BLOCK OF FRIENDS WAS SUCH A MEMORY IN THE LIVES OF THE THE RICHTER'S SO ENJOY NOW AND MAKE YOUR MEMORIES IN KOREA SO WE CAN ENJOY YOUR PAST IN THE FUTURE WHEN YOU COME HOME..P.S. HOW THE NOVEL COMEING

Anonymous said...

Chris happy Valentine's Day- I think you are getting lucky. Hope all is well and please send more pics of exoctic food. Again..Love Danny I think I heard Lemon say...