Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Walk On

So,I'm sitting in my King's chair (pleather lounge) that I bought over the weekend. I'm listening to some live U2 (One of my many favorite bands the world has put out), marinading some pork and hot pepper, and I get a call from my boss. Apparently, my lesson plans for the whole month didn't specify the exact page numbers and words I will be teaching my students. Also, I have been writing my lesson plans by hand (which I hate and would rather type, and was NOW told they had to be typed), although I was given a blank photocopy to write on. So, apparently, I should type them (thanks for delayed and crucial notice). So I have to go in to work several hours earlier and revamp my lesson plans for the month. A whole month. Oh, you crazy Koreans and you're provincial attitude of not telling, but always expecting.........Korea.....Do you understand SARCASM. No, I know.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and listen to this live song by U2. Certain family members will love the "hellalleja" reference repeated (especially Mom and Nancy). As for me, I have to go to work 3 hours early to fix a mistake that was fundamentally never brought to my attention in the first place. Oh Korea, you sly and disfunctional entity. I still love you. Keep surprising me in your whole "oh you never learned about how this is, and nobody told you, and we never taught you, and we gave you fake paper to write on,though we totally expected something different from you, and are astonished that you don't know, and can't believe you don't.?????" Mentality. It keeps me on my toes.

Anyway, this song is just as good or better than "Kite". If you comment that you like it, just maybe I'll do my own cover. Maybe.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=-wfjPmDlCB0&NR=1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, sounds like you are slacking again. Kidding. Are you getting slammed with snow or did Nino pass by under the Dirty Coal Act that China is melding down your vocal cords? Check your E-mail this week bro. Your Zimmern was fantastic!! Only wish I could enjoy your baby octi with you! Love Danny

Chris said...

Dan,

Like I said, I can always snail mail you all sorts of fresh seafood. No really, the seafood is unbelievable over here. I am in cooking heaven and zimmermaning it up.

Ps-My students actually eat smelly dried squid in class, and talk about eating fish eyeballs and monkey. First, I laugh, then I remember that they are serious. I of course, have my delicacy limitations. No raw dog, no raw monkey, and no raw eyeballs.What are they thinking, you have to SAUTEE that kind of quality cuisine. Yeah right, I think I'm about to throw up.

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOUR BOSS DID NOT READ THIS BLOG. YOU'LL BE HOME SOONER THEN SNAIL MAIL WITH OCTI IN YOUR POCKET.