Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Final Countdown: 10 Days!


As America readies itself for the election that is supposedly going to change our course, I am changing my course in the most drastic of ways. Several (long) months ago I accessed numerous teaching websites that offered free housing, good money, and the opportunity of a lifetime. Of course, this opportunity was Teaching English more than 8,000 miles away in South Korea (a.k.a. Korea from here on out in the blog). Called the "Land of the Morning Calm," Korea offered me what the schools in New York could not. Everthing: a job, my own apartment in Seoul, good money, and the chance to explore the world. Being that I've been in quite the slump in many ways and am completely in need of a full sweep, fresh start, new experience, or whatever you'd like to call it, I am moving to Seoul from New York for one year to teach English. I'm taking my Master's degree (Teaching English), guitar, some clothes, x-box, and leaving everything I've ever known: My town, my loved ones, my friends, my pup, and the complaceny that has built up to this moment.



Am I scared? Am I nervous? A true man tells the truth, so...yes. I know, however, that this is exactly what I need. I am confident in myself, and know that my past experiences will help me with my new ones. 10 days. It's gonna be rough, but I have no other choice to do some serious Seoul Survivin'. So follow my crazy journey/adventure. Write comments. Let me know your'e watching. I guarantee it will be interesting! How the hell could it not???

No comments: