Saturday, November 22, 2008

Miss you all- I am Strong


I was just listening to this song and had to send it out as a special request for my family. Mom, Dad, and my Bro's. Here it is:


Kite


Something is about to give
I can feel it coming
I think I know what it is
I'm not afraid to die
I'm not afraid to live
And when I'm flat on my back
I hope to feel like I did

‘Cause hardness,
it sets in
You need some protection
The thinner the skin

I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore
I want you to know
You don't need anyone or anything at all

Who's to say where the wind will take you?
Who's to know what it is will break you?
I don't know which way the wind will blow

Who's to know when the time has come around?
Don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye

In summer I can taste the salt in the sea
There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze
I wonder what's gonna happen to you
You wonder what has happened to me
I'm a man, I'm not a child
A man who sees
The shadow behind your eyes

Who's to say where the wind will take you?
Who's to know what it is will break you?
I don't know
where the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around?
I don't wanna see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye ----U2


Here is an acoustive performance of the song:

2 comments:

DevBot and Pillowhead said...

That is truly a beautiful song. It was so awesome to hear from you today! Sounds like you are kickin' ass and taking names. So happy to hear that you are doing great. Keep up the positive attitude, bro. It is totally working for you. And, damn, you already have a date lined up for next week? You rule! And keep posting regularly. Makes us all feel as though you are still right here with us (at least in our hearts). And now for my own song reference: "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah... Hey, Jude!"

Love, you, dude! Your sis, Karen.

P.S. DebBot and Pillowhead asked my to say, "Hi, Uncle Cwis. We love you"

DAD said...

Chris,the meal looks great,how come you did not make us food like this when you lived at home?