Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year


Hey Guys,


Wishing a very Healthy and Happy New Year to my parents, brothers, sisters, nephews, neices, cousins, uncles, aunts and everyone I miss right about now. I am doing very well. I love it here and this was the best decision I've ever made. I am truly becoming a man...hahaha.


Seoul is very cold this time of year. A little like New York but way colder at night. I've been talking to some good friends on the phone, which has made me very happy. I'm lucky to have such good friends and family. Right now there is some crazy guy outside my apartment with a megaphone selling t.v's. It sounds like when the Germans were evacuating in WWII. I have no idea what he's saying but I'm pretty scared...lol.


Anyway, so I am seeing a few different Asian girls right now and their pretty nice and interesting. Like I said, Seoul has been good to me.


The other day I ventured out to cook some fish and rice (authentic and healthy Asian cuisine) and had a horrible cooking adventure. First off, never buy a fish unless you know what the hell it is. I saw what looked like a decent fish and asked the guy if he could fillet it. I motioned my hands cutting the fish and pointed at him like---you do it. AAAH, he said. When I got back to my apartment and opened the baggie, there were bones and spine sticking out of what I hope will not deter my love for fish. So I added a little olive oil in my new frying pan, marinated the fish in some bulgoggi sesame sauce, and smelt up my shoebox for two days. The smell of the fish was so bad that I threw it out. I think I will just go back to my chicken, shrimp, vegtables and rice specialty dish. One thing that is surprising here is that it truly is cheaper to go out to a restuarantand get a 3 course meal than it is to cook the basics at home. Problem is, is that I'm trying to eat healthy, and I absolutely love to cook at home after work. It's very therapeutic for me. I guess there could be worse things in my life right now. Anways, I hope everyone has fun over Bry's house this weeken. Happy New Year.

No comments: